LSO Forum - Lone Star Overland: Chickasaw National Recreation Area - Overland / Expedition Trip Reports and Vids - LSO Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 12, 2020, 05:00:52 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  LSO Forum
|-+  Overland/Expedition General Forum
| |-+  Overland / Expedition Trip Reports and Vids
| | |-+  Lone Star Overland: Chickasaw National Recreation Area
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lone Star Overland: Chickasaw National Recreation Area  (Read 3266 times)
Lone Star Overland
Administrator

• View Profile Lone Star Overland
    « on: November 14, 2017, 10:59:08 AM »

Went to Chickasaw National Recreation Area this weekend and it was great hanging out with LSO crew members Nathan Hackett, Janna, Sina Sanaee and Mayuri. If you ever get the chance to stay at Chickasaw National Recreation Area near Sulphur, Oklahoma then don’t miss it. Great spot with great facilities. Had a great conversation with Park Ranger T. Heinrich about some of the parks he has been at. Also if you know me, I am not going to miss an opportunity to do some overlanding on the way.  Just so happens there were some old bridges "along the way" that we were able to check on the way up and on the way back.  Definitely an awesome weekend and we liked it so much we are heading back the weekend after Thanksgiving.  Check out some of the pics.

On the way to Chickasaw National Recreation Area I had to find an old bridge to look at...... I found a good one.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:03:09 AM by Lone Star Overland » Logged
    Lone Star Overland
    Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 11:15:27 AM »

More pics................

Some pics of our campsite and within Chickasaw NRA #chickasawnps

Nice surprise on Saturday night. Nathan and Janna took this cool pic on Sunday.  Congrats guys and thank you for letting us be a part of that special moment.

Lone Star Overland
    Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 11:25:59 AM »

Took advantage of some extra time we had on the way back in on Sunday, to hunt for some more old bridges.  Found the remnants of one.  From the pics I have seen of this one, she was a beaut back in the day before the flood took it out.

Old deserted house

Part of old Hwy 70 in Oklahoma where I found one more bridge

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:28:11 AM by Lone Star Overland » Logged
    Lone Star Overland
    Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 10:26:47 AM »

For those that are interested in having the map of the track that I ran last weekend for the Chickasaw NRA trip, here ya go.  For the .kml, file go the the GPS and Maps Forum under Trail Maps and GPS Coordinates section of the LSO forum.

Save
    [/size][/color]Save[/size][/b]
    « Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 11:56:47 AM by Lone Star Overland » Logged
    Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
    « previous next »

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines
    LSO Forum, Lone Star Overland: Chickasaw National Recreation Area - Overland / Expedition Trip Reports and Vids - LSO Forum - Theme by Mustang Forums