LSO Forum - F body oil pan trap door baffle for LS motors - GM Engine and Transmission Information and Technical Specs - LSO Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 12, 2020, 04:56:43 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  LSO Forum
|-+  Technical Info and Reference Material
| |-+  GM Engine and Transmission Information and Technical Specs
| | |-+  F body oil pan trap door baffle for LS motors
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: F body oil pan trap door baffle for LS motors  (Read 2293 times)
Lone Star Overland
Administrator

• View Profile Lone Star Overland
    « on: December 25, 2015, 12:06:31 AM »

Since several of us on here run LS motors out of F body cars, I wanted to post this up and mention this to you.  We all know the oil starvation issues the LS motors have out of the F body cars, especially under high G turns (not really relevant in rockcrawling, but rockracing is another story) high RPM's and steep inclines.  The 6.0 truck motors don't have this issue because they have a deep pan, but if you are concerned about clearance like I am, you use the F body oil pan, and then the oil starvation issue comes into play.   A way to get around this is to install an aftermarket F body trap door baffle from either Improved Racing or Kevko Racing.  I am also going to run a Moroso Oil Accumulater, which means I am going to most likely run a remote oil filter. Here is the link below:

LS1 Camaro / Firebird (F-Body) Racing Oil Pan Baffle
    Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
    « previous next »

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines
    LSO Forum, F body oil pan trap door baffle for LS motors - GM Engine and Transmission Information and Technical Specs - LSO Forum - Theme by Mustang Forums